SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Please help, I suck with heavies !

+5
Ding760
Inorien
Boos B
Rancidpunk
SgtBarnes75
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Please help, I suck with heavies !  Empty Please help, I suck with heavies !

Post  SgtBarnes75 Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi Guys & gals
As it says in the title, I need to seriously improve my heavy skills. As of last night I have have my TS3 working now so I can get more involved in SGTA. Could anyone help me out please. I play mainly after 8 pm GMT when the kids are asleep. I do play a lot at work during the day too but I have no sound or TS3 capability so it would be battle chat only and having to AFK a lot when I have to serve pesky customers Laughing so it would be more suitable in the evenings if possible. I have a Tiger, Tiger II, IS 3, Churchill 1 and a KV1S. Its mainly the first three I seem to have poor results with even though I enjoy them and are very capable great tanks. I love playing meds aggressively and the VK3601 suits me well and I also play lights and scouts ok but I just seem stuck with the heavies.

Many thanks in advance
Mark
SgtBarnes75
SgtBarnes75

http://www.northwestnutters.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Please help, I suck with heavies !  Empty Re: Please help, I suck with heavies !

Post  Rancidpunk Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:46 am

I'll be on this evening if you want to platoon, from 8 uk time, just give me a shout on TS3 Smile
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Please help, I suck with heavies !  Empty Re: Please help, I suck with heavies !

Post  SgtBarnes75 Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:05 am

Thanks sounds like a plan. See you tonight
SgtBarnes75
SgtBarnes75

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:44 am

you can also ping me if you want to.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SgtBarnes75 Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:05 am

thank you
SgtBarnes75
SgtBarnes75

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:52 am

I'll be on server EU1 btw Smile
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SgtBarnes75 Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks for your time last night Rancidpunk. I found platooning a lot more relaxed than solo and I played a lot better than I ever have in my heavies. Plus I quietly picked up a few new positions and moves last night although I faded out a bit at the end. Hope to toon up again soon with you. Still cannot believe how that KV5 of yours went up that rock face Laughing

Cheers!
Mark
SgtBarnes75
SgtBarnes75

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:31 pm

SgtBarnes75 wrote:Thanks for your time last night Rancidpunk. I found platooning a lot more relaxed than solo and I played a lot better than I ever have in my heavies. Plus I quietly picked up a few new positions and moves last night although I faded out a bit at the end. Hope to toon up again soon with you. Still cannot believe how that KV5 of yours went up that rock face Laughing

Cheers!
Mark

No problem, really enjoyed it!
I tend to play the heavies that are best for my style, heavy assault. As you saw, Inorien in his Lowe needs to stay back and take advantage of his excellent gun but if we swapped places and I drove the Lowe the way I drive the KV5 I'd be slaughtered in seconds so tank choice is vital.
Your Churchill, for example, is a very powerful tank but needs to get in close, accurate enough gun for the odd long shot but way more effective up close and firing 3 shots for every two the enemy tank can manage. The main point being you have a much better chance of penetrating with every shot up close and so causing damage and reaching that vital target of at least a 1000 damage every game if you are playing tier 4 to tier 7.
Tier 8 and above I aim for at least 1500 - 2000 damage per game or it's a crap match for me, win or lose.

Anyway, if you see me online and want a platoon just send me an invite, can't be bad having another evening's tooning with over 80% wins Smile
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Inorien Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Rancidpunk wrote: As you saw, Inorien in his Lowe needs to stay back and take advantage of his excellent gun but if we swapped places and I drove the Lowe the way I drive the KV5 I'd be slaughtered in seconds so tank choice is vital.

Believe it or not, I seriously dislike the Lowe. It doesn't fit the playstyle I prefer with other tanks - I'd rather IS6 instead. But I'll persevere Very Happy
Inorien
Inorien

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:45 am

Inorien wrote:
Rancidpunk wrote: As you saw, Inorien in his Lowe needs to stay back and take advantage of his excellent gun but if we swapped places and I drove the Lowe the way I drive the KV5 I'd be slaughtered in seconds so tank choice is vital.

Believe it or not, I seriously dislike the Lowe. It doesn't fit the playstyle I prefer with other tanks - I'd rather IS6 instead. But I'll persevere Very Happy

A serious disadvantage for the Lowe is it's too common. People know where and how to shoot it to the extent it's almost natural. The tank itself is not bad at all, its just your enemies are used to shooting it by now.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:52 am

Ding760 wrote:
A serious disadvantage for the Lowe is it's too common. People know where and how to shoot it to the extent it's almost natural. The tank itself is not bad at all, its just your enemies are used to shooting it by now.

Lowe hasn't got the tickest armor in it's tier, it's frontal turret got some good slopes, but the other parts are thin. besides Lowe is slowe so I dont really have a problem killing those. You dont really need to search for weakspots to damage a Lowe.

Edit:

I'm interested in some lesson/toons on KV-5. Love the thing, bring it upclose and bounce like crazy pushing flanks forward. I'd like to learn more and better tactics for it and also how to deal more damage. My usually outcome of the battle is like this: 4k potential damage, 1000 damage dealt. I want to improve my damage dealing capability, but it's a bit though with only 167 pen..
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Inorien Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:23 am

CountOfTuscany wrote:Lowe is slowe

I see what you did there. I will use that turn of phrase more in the future.
Inorien
Inorien

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:54 am

Inorien wrote:
CountOfTuscany wrote:Lowe is slowe

I see what you did there. I will use that turn of phrase more in the future.

It's actually not my phrase, I read it on the WOT wiki or WOt forums some time ago.
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot_1 Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:39 am

Ding760 wrote:
Inorien wrote:

Also i find i end up with more tier 10 in games lately.
Sabot_1
Sabot_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Inorien Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:51 am

Sabot_1 wrote:
Ding760 wrote:
Inorien wrote:

Also i find i end up with more tier 10 in games lately.

I've been getting that too. Not sure what's going on - I don't think WG changed anything though. I reckon people are developing their T10s for the upcoming patch, so there's just more of them in MM.

Edit: Sorry we kinda hijacked your thread, SgtBarnes. Can we get these posts moved to a Heavy Discussion forum?
Inorien
Inorien

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:13 am

Your Lowe's and other tier 8 premiums won't normally get tier tens unless you are in a platoon with non premium tier 8's. If it's changed recently one solution - use gold shells Smile
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot_1 Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:32 am

Rancidpunk wrote:Your Lowe's and other tier 8 premiums won't normally get tier tens unless you are in a platoon with non premium tier 8's. If it's changed recently one solution - use gold shells Smile

Up until recently that seemed to be the case today I had 4 tier 10 a few tier 9 and the rest of the cannon fodder and I was not in a platoon (Gold rounds are there other types then Shocked ) Laughing
Sabot_1
Sabot_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Rancidpunk wrote:Your Lowe's and other tier 8 premiums won't normally get tier tens unless you are in a platoon with non premium tier 8's. If it's changed recently one solution - use gold shells Smile
Not true. Lowe, t34, su-122-44 get normal matchmaking as tier 8 and therefore can get into tier 10 battles (tier 9 for su).

Last edited by Boos B on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Boos B wrote:
Not true. Lowe, t34, su-122-44 get normal matchmaking as tier 8 and therefore can get into tier 10 battles.

I didn't realise, thought the premiums all got preferred MM but now I'm even happier I saved a few quid and bought the best too! KV5 ftw! Smile
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Boos B wrote:
Not true. Lowe, t34, su-122-44 get normal matchmaking as tier 8 and therefore can get into tier 10 battles.
Umm, SU-122-44 is tier 7, therefore cannot get into t10 matches (unless platooning). Max t9.
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Vampir_Kifla wrote:
Boos B wrote:
Umm, SU-122-44 is tier 7, therefore cannot get into t10 matches (unless platooning). Max t9.
Obviously you are right, but you understood what I meant Razz
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:37 pm

I hardly ever platoon in the t34 and mostly get t10 battles. The Lowe, I get less, it feels.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:36 pm

that can be correct. The matchmaking weight of each tank is partially dependent on the performance of said tank. The t-34 is generally better performing then the Lowe (god know how, I still don't get it). Therefore, the weight can be slightly adjusted, which reflects in your observations Wink.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SgtBarnes75 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Another thanks to Rancidpunk, after watching your positioning and pointing out I was too far away in the IS3 I tried new tactics and bingo ! Big cheesy grin on my face Very Happy

Please help, I suck with heavies !  Is3_re12
SgtBarnes75
SgtBarnes75

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:05 pm

IS3, get in their faces Wink

What part of Lancashire are you from Sgt? Im from Burscough a little village outside of Ormskirk btw.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next