SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

How do I make a proper video

5 posters

Go down

How do I make a proper video Empty How do I make a proper video

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:35 am

Vallu, Behemoth, PHJ, any others... please help me a bit. I bought bandicam to record some matches and I'd like to upload it to youtube but the end result is somewhat in the region of 1G/file and that seems somewhat excessive to upload to youtube? :-/

How should I encode it so it's acceptable but still can give HD quality? Any tips will be appreciated, as well as any program recommendations. I'm a big noob with regards to both windows and creating/uploading videos for youtube.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

How do I make a proper video Empty Re: How do I make a proper video

Post  Opa_Apo Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:01 pm

I made a few videos but it was long time ago. DivX was still the king ;p
Today though, i would encode the video with h.264 or mpeg4. Tools to do that are for example VirtualDub or Format Factory. Both free, FF is easier too use but has much less options.
If you want to edit your video i just can recommand Adobe Premiere but today it's even more expensive than back then.
Opa_Apo
Opa_Apo

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:36 am

I could do a short video explaining my process, I'm no pro by any means. Behemoth probably has a better idea of what codecs and such to use.
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:27 am

I used to use one of the presets in Windows Movie Maker "for High Definition", that made it much smaller, thought they were still quite big. I got a fast internet so I didn't mind really.

Now that I use Sony Vegas I just googled "Sony Vegas YouTube rendering" and used the first settings I found. That cut down size of the final video to almost half. Of course with all the new features I could use now meant that I added the outro and other stuff making the videos bit bigger than they could be.

As a reference the "Arty or TD" video I made, the recordings were 4,91 GB and 1,74 GB. Finished video was 0,76 GB. That's 9 minutes of video edited in WMM.
The "Titanium Tanks" was 0,3 GB when finished in Sony Vegas. 5 minutes with lot of editing, music and the intro, which takes up a lot of space because of all the editing and 2 small videos running at the same time.

I'm sure there are other programs that you can use to compress the videos, but I don't know what the quality will be. Sony Vegas has worked really for my purposes. And WMM is ideal for little editing and rendering the video to something suitable for YT, it even has a preset for it, but it won't be HD quality although a lot smaller as a result. It's free and easy to use so trying it won't hurt.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:34 am

so far smallest size I've gotten is around 435 MB for about 8 minutes. It's at least a bit more passable but I don't know if that'll still be 1080 quality. :-/

edit: also in case anyone wonders, youtube doesn't seem to care, you can upload a 4G file without issues, it just seems to reencode internally and that's it.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:25 am

The recorded you use differ a whole lot.
Right now I'm using a friends Xsplit to record everything.
The graphic quality isn't that good but it really keeps the file sizes really low.
370MB for 8 minutes.
And I'm using Sony Vegas Platinum 11 Pro for editing. And I love it.
After all the editing it's 430MB for 8 minutes. And Sony Vegas has an option to render into 720p, 30fps, internet based quality.
But upload rate can be quite important as well.
Uploading a 1 hour and 10 minutes video right now. Taking 600 minutes estimated.......
BehemothNL
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum