SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Ace Tanker & Top Gun in Tiger II (request for feedback)

2 posters

Go down

Ace Tanker & Top Gun in Tiger II (request for feedback) Empty Ace Tanker & Top Gun in Tiger II (request for feedback)

Post  ocelot64 Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:43 am

Hello guys. A few days ago, I managed to get a Ace Tanker and Top Gun in my Tiger II. It's been my best battle in a heavy tank. I want to ask you to review my replay and give me tips on how to improve my gameplay and which faults I could have prevented in that particular battle.

wotreplay.eu

Thank you for your feedback.

ocelot64

ocelot64

Back to top Go down

Ace Tanker & Top Gun in Tiger II (request for feedback) Empty Re: Ace Tanker & Top Gun in Tiger II (request for feedback)

Post  nilzatron Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:24 am

Congrats!

There's quite a bit for you to learn yet, from what I can see. Against more skilled opponents you probably would not have survived as long as you did. Now, this does not mean I always get this stuff right, far from it. But it is always easier to spot mistakes from watching a replay (which is why it is good practice to analyze your own games by watching replays) And you did ask for critique Razz

These are all my opinions and I may be wrong, but:

I think you are very indecisive at the start. It takes you a very long time to make up your mind. There are very few exceptions where you should not go South straight away, being a top tier heavy. Going after the AMX 13 75 you expose yourself to fire from the "sniper hill" in the middle. Luckily for you, none of the Tier 8 TD's seem to have set up there and something just keeps bouncing off you. Only after dealing with him you decide to go back and drive South. Because of this, the other heavies have already taken a beating by the time you get into the fight and there is nothing you can do to save them.

Upon first contact you pretty much turn your flank towards the enemy. Then when you reposition, you turn your front flush towards the enemy. You want to angle your hull to increase the effectiveness of the angled front plates, yet not so much your side can be penned. Don't stand still for too long. Wiggle left to right, front to back. Small movements that will constantly change the angle of your tank, throw your opponent's aim off and confuse him.

You seem to lack knowledge of weakspots. There are quite a few shots that you aim straight at gun mantlets, for instance. Those are generally the strongest point of a turret (there are a few exceptions), so best avoided. Learn weakspots for some of the most common tanks you face first. When you come across a less common tank that is giving you trouble, look that one up. I use the World of Tanks Knowledge Base app from Google Play on my phone for this.

To summarize: Angle, wiggle, weakspots pirat 
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down