SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post)

+18
Observer
PointyHairedJedi
Vampir_Kifla
glisa_dejan
antoncini
Rancidpunk
SunTZuGa
BadGene616
Brainfarter
Vallu01
Wasp
we_just_dinged_em
BehemothNL
Boos B
Shufuni
nilzatron
Ding760
Sapaki
22 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 4 Empty Re: I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post)

Post  SunTZuGa Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Sapaki wrote:I cannot afford a GPU so I will have to stick with Vallu's since it is the only one available.

I will try very hard to squeeze extra cash for a 500W PSU. I am thinking

Corsair Builder Series CX500 80 plus Bronze

or

Cooler Master G500 (also 80 Plus Bronze certified)

Price diff is 1 Euro, from the research I did it seems like the the Corsair is the best choice.

I might get nothing eventually though and just be really cautious in the beggining. I dunno. I will see. 430 or 450W is viable for the system (I will upgrade GPU within the next 7-8 months though, at least I am planning so), because I could save some 10-15 Euros from that.
Sapaki,

check price in Greece for http://products.xfxforce.com/en-gb/Power_Supply/Pro_Series_550W_PSU/P1-550S-XXB9
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 4 Empty Re: I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post)

Post  Sapaki Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:24 pm

+2 to +3 Euros compared to the other two. Is XFX more reliable tan corsair though?

@ 550W I also saw

Corsair VS Series VS550, 550 Watt, PFC (CP-9020050-EU)

In the same pricerange
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Sapaki wrote:+2 to +3 Euros compared to the other two. Is XFX more reliable tan corsair though?

@ 550W I also saw

Corsair VS Series VS550, 550 Watt, PFC (CP-9020050-EU)

In the same pricerange
XFX 550W Core Edition 80+ Bronze PSU < Made by Seasonic , there's your answer.
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Seasonic and Corsair, both stronk brands.
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:09 pm

Vampir_Kifla wrote:Seasonic and Corsair, both stronk brands.
Pure Master Sapaki ... He must be a very confused after all Very Happy ... Master would be so confused and after all give up .... affraid 
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:17 pm

I think the whole point of this topic is that Master Sapaki (His Majesty The Admissions Officer Himself!) NEVER gives up!

I will make this rig work even if have to provide the additional power required with a generator attached to my stationary bike!

Accuraccy will suffer a bit, but the game will be playable again!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:28 pm

Sapaki wrote:I think the whole point of this topic is that Master Sapaki (His Majesty The Admissions Officer Himself!) NEVER gives up!

I will make this rig work even if have to provide the additional power required with a generator attached to my stationary bike!

Accuraccy will suffer a bit, but the game will be playable again!
cheers I didn't even doubt about it Very Happy

P.S.

Now, seriously . Go for it. Buy XPS PU for my love and wont be sorry. It's all about different opinion. All parts are good, all brand are good. It's up to you and your budget. When you'll make a rig any problem can be solved if appears. All our suggestions have been good and constructive and, if you'll need a help, all of us would be very happy to jump in and give you a hand (or two ... might be and an kidney, too Smile ).

P.P.S.

Hmmm, good idea ! Sell a kidney and buy a excellent rig. Who cares for one kidney, you would be able to play with one also Twisted Evil .
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:21 am

Just wanted to say, I have a 500W PSU going spare at the moment. Some other bits and bobs too, I'd have to take a proper inventory to know what. The PSU is fine, I just upgraded on account of my graphics card drawing a bit too hard on the other one.
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Thanks for stepping in for the whales Pointy, they really appreciate it!

atm, the only thing the rig is really missing is indeed the PSU, hence the talk about it.

The rest is pretty much sorted out as you will see if your read this monster of a topic.

Now what happens is that you say i have got "X" equipment (give type and everything), we make a price estimate of how much would it cost + postage fees and that amount is due to you. The only difference is that you will get paid somehow gradually and depending on our agreement, not necessarily entirely with actual money.

"Payment" can be more or less preposterous requestds and demands I will have to carry out for you. The trick is that you have to ask for something which is at least of equal value for you.

Mind you, reaching a satisfactory agreement is a pre-requisite to chip in, as the penalty for failing to do so will result in payment of the due amount in TOGs from the giftshop. Therefore, in order for you not to find yourself with 6 TOGs in your garage one day, you need to come to an agreement with the whale-saver!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Oh btw, I ran into this and i thought it was appropriate for the thread:

Save the Whales!:
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:04 pm

hahahah, not seen that in ages!
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:58 pm

I have no idea what I might ask in exchange for a PSU, lol. If you pm me your address, Sapaki, I'll see about sending it off this week sometime.
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:24 am

If I could send without spending a fortune, I would send my old custom build right behind me (radeon HD 7770, 4 gb ram, athlon II, corsair 500W psu etc) ... but sending the computer costs way too much.

Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:46 am

Thanks Kawa, I appreciate it!

all has been sorted now, all components are available, the whales will be saved! And I would never ask someone to "gut" his custom built for one component. 

Only spare things that where available did the job! We managed to get a rig (powerful enough but not upgradable) only with spare components and another rig with new m/b and processor and spare components for the rest. We went for the second rig as it more asily upgradble!

That alone was a great acheivement!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:47 am

RAM posted this afternoon, mate cheers 
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:33 am

Yaaaaaaaaaayy! cheers 

What about the other whale savers? Have you got cold feet? Razz

You will receive part 2 of your "prize" during the weekend...
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:14 am

GPU is sent (finally). Should arrive early/mid next week.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:26 am

Ok small update:

- Nilz has sent the RAM - Arrived! cheers 
- Wasp has sent the HDD and the ROM - Arrived! cheers 
- Vallu has sent the GPU - Arrived! cheers 
- PointyHairedJedi has sent the PSU - Arrived! cheers 

All components are sailing as we speak and will be here by the beggining of next week at latest. - ALL arrived cheers 

I can therefore buy the m/b the processor and the case in the end of the week, begining of next one. - m/b, proc. and box baught! cheers 

Will keep you posted.

I can only say the following: THANK YOU and 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!cheers

Edit: PHJ has sent the PSU too! - I am also updating about stuff being bought and stuff ariving by mail! Updated, everything is here! cheers

Last edited by Sapaki on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:46 am; edited 6 times in total
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:44 am

Now if your rating doesn't go sky high, we'll be very disappointed Very Happy
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostis_Larsson Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:32 am

[trollmodeON] Since he stopped playing all my stats are rising, i don't have to platoon with noob Lowe anymore.
Don't help him to start playin' WoT again. [trollmodeOFF]
Dear Sapaki i owe you some beers pirat
Kostis_Larsson
Kostis_Larsson

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:49 am

Kostis_Larsson wrote:[trollmodeON] Since he stopped playing all my stats are rising, i don't have to platoon with noob Lowe anymore.
Don't help him to start playin' WoT again. [trollmodeOFF]
Dear Sapaki i owe you some beers pirat
That's weird, same here. Must be just a coincidence.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:29 am

You should actually give me PC modules for free NOT to play WoT. Now that's an interesting idea!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:52 am

Ok small update:

EVERYTHING had been bought and received. I was setup to start assembling the thing tonight. 

BUT we missed one little detail on the rig!

The Cooler Master Elite 241 is a mini ATX tower. m/b fits fine but there is NO WAY in the world you can fit a 500W PSU into a mini atx tower setup. NO WAY! You can only fit a 14cm long PSU in this thing (roughly 400W). PHJs PSU is 16cm long. 

I will try to bring the tower back to the store and exchange it for a midi one...

Too bad I thought I would have it up and running by tomorow... But hey we are almost there!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:58 am

Well you can put the PSU on the case, drill a hole so you can connect all the cables and you're set Wink
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:20 am

The space i am lacking is over 2 cm (PHJs PSU is 16cm long, the space available is for a 14cm long PSU and it is back to back with the optical drive, so no space for modification there), I therefore need to cut off part of the back panel (there is no way of securing the PSU after that), and let the PSU out of the box by 2 cm.

I think I will try changing the case first. I only hope they will accept the case back in the store...
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum