SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Willing to help some lost souls

+20
nilzatron
SunTZuGa
Bloodrave
Wasp
CountOfTuscany
glooscap
Bayart
Vallu01
blackchamber
we_just_dinged_em
flash64
Brainfarter
Wen90
HowTheStoryEnds
Gorritakid
BehemothNL
Vampir_Kifla
AndyScouser
Ding760
MuGen_
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Willing to help some lost souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Willing to help some lost souls

Post  Vallu01 Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:42 am

we_just_dinged_em wrote:
blackchamber wrote:
we_just_dinged_em wrote:
MuGen_ wrote:Hahaha you didn't see me raging or rage quitting

By the way is there any difference between SGTA and SGTA2?
SGTA2 has more deviants/noobs in such as Wasp and Vampir and SGTA has all the 'cool' kids such as Vallu (the suave Finn) and that Chinese dude who is selling dodgy copied watches from a  suitcase in the corner.

(no, not really)
Monty, please remind me to shoot your 268 in the ass next time we are in a platoon!

@mugen_: No there is no difference between sgta1 and 2. Both clans do the same thing and are all about teaching the students. 2 clans only exist so sgta can have more students
Yeah, I heard that about you, you like shooting guys in the ass!
While pretending to be stuck.

Ontopic: Long time no see Mugen Smile
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Willing to help some lost souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Willing to help some lost souls

Post  Vampir_Kifla Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:53 am

Vallu01 wrote:
Umm wasn't that me? Laughing 

Btw I wasn't pretending, I was really stuck. I had to get my crew out and push it. Luckily, the tank wasn't too heavy santa
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayart Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:09 am

Hey, would love to toon or have some training room experience with you sometime. You look like you play meds and heavies a lot, and that's something I'd like to work on.
Playing near 100% of the time in TDs fucked up my gameplay a bit I fear.
You should hang in the Academy HQ channel on occasions.
Bayart
Bayart

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:09 am

Vampir_Kifla wrote:
Vallu01 wrote:
Umm wasn't that me? Laughing 
HA! So you finally confess! Don't go editing it now, I've taken screenshots and made thousand copies so every time this topic comes up (and it will, oh yes it will!) I have proof! Twisted Evil 
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  MuGen_ Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:10 am

Bayart wrote:Hey, would love to toon or have some training room experience with you sometime. You look like you play meds and heavies a lot, and that's something I'd like to work on.
What tiers do you have in mind?

Bayart wrote:You should hang in the Academy HQ channel on occasions.
Dont know the password.

PS: Hey Vallu

MuGen_

Back to top Go down

Post  glooscap Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:23 am

glooscap
glooscap

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:43 am

MuGen_ wrote:
Bayart wrote:Hey, would love to toon or have some training room experience with you sometime. You look like you play meds and heavies a lot, and that's something I'd like to work on.

Bayart wrote:You should hang in the Academy HQ channel on occasions.
Dont know the password.

PS: Hey Vallu
Academy policies on chat still apply Mugen as long as you are talking in Academy HQ, same policies as before.

You know the story...bla bla bla... I keep stressing this but nothing personal just to emphasize that. I just don't want a repeat of that shit that's all... so moving swiftly on...
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayart Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:49 pm

[quote="MuGen_"]

T6 to 8, which is where I'm grinding/playing right now.
Bayart
Bayart

Back to top Go down

Post  MuGen_ Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:14 am

And the winner is Vampir_Kifla
Really enjoyed platooning with you mate Wink

MuGen_

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:42 am

MuGen_ wrote:And the winner is Vampir_Kifla
Really enjoyed platooning with you mate Wink
Yaay do I get a cookie now? Very Happy 
I enjoyed it too, thanks.
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:41 am

Ah so another unicum comes along and you drop your mates like hot shit?

you make me sick! Smile
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MuGen_ Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:43 pm

I must say I created that topic as a sort of experiment for my own curiosity.
I was extremely puzzled why an academy which has many good ideas and visions which should work ends up being a academy which barely enhances performance of its players.

For all the time that passed exactly one person wrote to me and asked if I could platoon up and teach him a few things (despite tons of ppl saying how they would love to learn from better player in the beginning).

That kind of shows to me that SGTA is just a noobfriendly clan which lets new players find a few guys to platoon and talk on TS. Not a place where talents are born.

I don't know why there is barely no aspiration in SGTA players. Perhaps you can answer that question yourself...

PS: Props to Vampir_Kifla as the only guy who wasn't afraid to ask/actually wanted to learn something.

MuGen_

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:02 am

Hi Mugen_,

I appreciate the fact that you are interested to play with SGTA members and learning them some new skills and improve the skills they already have.

I haven't reacted to your offer so far, because I think it would not really work out for me and you. I think the gap in skill level is just to much (I'm red/yellow-ish noob, you are deep purple). So, I would have trouble understanding what you are up to, and you would get annoyed by my noobism and my incompetance of proving a worthly platoonmate.

This is just the way I feel about this. I don't know how others think about this and what you think of it Mugen_?
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:44 am

MuGen_ wrote:I must say I created that topic as a sort of experiment for my own curiosity.
I was extremely puzzled why an academy which has many good ideas and visions which should work ends up being a academy which barely enhances performance of its players.
I would disagree, we have lazydot, vallu, mad and vampy ofc, who all became great players, not unicums maybe but still blue eff. so far, for the more recent students; nilz and brain get purple WR for the most recent matches and their eff is also going up. So we do have examples where it worked Smile.

But you are right, there is a huge mass of people that kind of stagnate in their performance.
I think it comes down to too less actively learning and too much simply playing ahead. But we can not force people to be active unfortunately, it has to come from themselves.

I was really surprised to see you back tbh and I was even more surprised to see you offering this training.
It is sad that people do not use this extraordanary opportunity to get some tips from a real pro player...
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:57 am

I learnt a lot in SGTA too, dont forget me!

General lack of activity in this clan is one of the reasons I stepped down tbh, there are only a small core of people actually interested in learning anything.

However, none of this should detract from the great work the instructors, staff and commander do, even if sometimes its wasted effort.

As Wasp says, you can't force people to get better, some never will.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrave Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:59 am

@MuGen_

I recently joined SGTA and didn't have the time yet to take you up on your offer. But now I'm not sure if this is you kicking people in the nuts in the hope they wake up or you saying the ship has sailed away...

Can we still contact you?

Anyway thanks for the luciqueii link, learned several things watching some of his vids.
Bloodrave
Bloodrave

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:36 am

MuGen_ wrote:I must say I created that topic as a sort of experiment for my own curiosity.

For all the time that passed exactly one person wrote to me and asked if I could platoon up and teach him a few things (despite tons of ppl saying how they would love to learn from better player in the beginning).

That kind of shows to me that SGTA is just a noobfriendly clan which lets new players find a few guys to platoon and talk on TS. Not a place where talents are born.

I don't know why there is barely no aspiration in SGTA players. Perhaps you can answer that question yourself...

PS: Props to Vampir_Kifla as the only guy who wasn't afraid to ask/actually wanted to learn something.
MuGen_,

According to your statistics, I can see that you're a great player but the tone of your messages do not encourage me to send a message that we're playing together. Yes, I'm one of the noobs. Sadly, I could certainly learn something.
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorritakid Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:16 am

Well, I value time highly and that's why I normally hesitate to ask people to spend theirs for my benefit. However, it is true that you volunteered to do so in this case, so it's on me not to have taken up the chance. If you are still willing tho I will ask for some tooning in the near future.

Gorritakid

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:26 am

I think some may be, for lack of a better word, intimidated.

I am certainly of a mind to take you up on your offer in the near future, but have had some other things going on both ingame and away from the game.

I understand your sentiments towards SGTA, and I think you are partly right. A lot of our students seem to have a very passive attitude towards learning the game. There is however a core group of more dedicated players that definitely has an active learning mentality and is improving. I joined SGTA a little over 3 months ago with 51%/1100 overall *and* 60 Day, for one.

I will step up my efforts to complete the goal I have set and will contact you soon after.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:09 pm

I was away for a couple of months, I though this post was old and that the offer did not still stand... If it still stands I will add you to my friends list, poke you to death and you can carry me all you want untill you get bored!

Of course, we need to get along as well if the experiment is to be repeated... I am online after 20:00 UTC usually, hope to see you there.

Another thing, part of your analysis about what is not perfect in SGTA is correct, but part of it is wrong. We can discuss that on TS if you want...
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  fluffy_paw Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Honestly,

I am not really very active on the forum and I read your post just right now.

So let me know if the offer still continues or if you are done with your experiment Wink

fluffy_paw

Back to top Go down

Post  MuGen_ Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:06 am

My offer has kind of expired.
However if you convince me that you are a promissing player who strives to get to the next level I will always find some time for you.

MuGen_

Back to top Go down

Post  fluffy_paw Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:22 am

Oh ok! that's bad.

But on the other hand, of course I am! Shoot your ass today, that's should be enough to convince you Wink

fluffy_paw

Back to top Go down

Post  MuGen_ Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:42 am

I was quite happy today as I researched and bought Obj 268 on time.
It is my first TX TD so I wanted to test it and also train crew to 100% during special. In the meantime I got one decent battle which I can share.

http://wotreplays.com/site/382844#el_halluf-mugen-object_268

Funny thing is that there were 2 pirates in the enemy team pirat 

MuGen_

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:18 am

Thanks for the replay. Very good game. Although a bit lucky since your team didn't melt as they usually tend to do. And I often meet that portuguese007 guy Very Happy

Well few things I noticed. Didn't know you could go through Foch so easily. High pen roll? Foch has 313mm effective armor against AP, it's possible.
That spot behind a rock is really good. You can cover both flanks as well as the middle. Other side doesn't have such a spot, has it?
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next