SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Application to SGTA

+2
Sapaki
preunife42
6 posters

Go down

Application to SGTA Empty Application to SGTA

Post  preunife42 Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:47 am

In Game Nickname:preunife42
Usable Languages:English, German, French, Spanish
Previous Clan:GEG (German Elite Gamers, they were really bad but I thought I could get some gold, if I joined a clan Very Happy)
Favorite Type Of Tanks (Heavy, Medium, Light... ): ... Mediums, Heavies and Tds.
Tanks Owned : ...I have been pretty much derping around when I started playing, played some tanks and then got bored of them and continued another one. The tanks I am actually playing lately and most times are: T21, M7, VK30.01H, VK36.01H, KV-1S, IS, IS-3, TOG2*, KV-1, M6, ISU-152, SU-152 (I somehow liked it while knowing its weird), SU-100, Jagdpanther, AT-2, AT-8, Stug and very soon Ferdinand. I have to grind 6000exp or something like that.
Win Rate : ...around 50% but lately I got teams who sucked pretty much and even by doing more damage than all of them together I couldnt win many games...
Match Played : ...almost 4k
How did You hear about SGTA?: I watch the videos of Pointyhairedjedi and I noticed, that in his earlier videos he was in this clan, so I went out and took a look at it and I saw, that they (you) are trying to help newer players to became better and more experienced and thats exactly what I was looking for.
Why are you applying to SGTA: (you need to develop your answer a bit here. Simply writing "because I want to improve" will not cut it any more. Look at it as a mini-covering letter convincing us as to why we have to recruit you) First of all I am of course here to improve my skills, because thats what you attract with. But thats not what you want to hear of course. The main thing for me why I want to join your clan is, that I want to play together with respectful and skilled players, because I am just so tired of random battles where my team basically consists of a huge lemming train and then in the end I am allone with 4k damage done, but alloone against 5 tanks or more... I just would like to be able to at least rely on one or two players in my team and I want to be reliable for them. I just want to have fun while playing and when I play with players much better than me I can also watch how they play through their games and get better with the time. And I would also llike to see other elements of the game like clan wars or tank companies, because the clans in which I was before just got killed in clan wars in the first two minutes, raging about each other. Then I got accidently in a clan of children and I left it after a few weeks. I just would like to see more facets of the game and also proving to other players my skills and getting respected by them as well as I do respect them. If you still have space in your clan I would really appreciate it, if you would let me join your clan and hopefully you liked what I wrote. Greetings, Preunife42 Smile
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Application to SGTA Empty Re: Application to SGTA

Post  Sapaki Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:24 am

Hello,

I remember you, you are the guy that PMed me via the WoT server for your application. Seems to me that you followed my directions.

Just to set the records straight for you, so there is no misunderstanding, the clan is not involved in clan wars, it is not possible as many of our students do not have a Tier 10 vehicle. We do do Tank Companies (TCs) at least once a week though (normally at least twice). We have below average to average players as students that usully become above average to quit good players once out of the academy. 

Therefore, the "good players" you are referring to are only the instructors, the more experienced students, as well as some former students that have returned to SGTA. You will platoon with them, but if you are an above average player, you will be asked to platoon with less competent players so they can learn from your experience.

Here we do classes every week for the students and usually two scheduled TCs per week.

If you want to see how the academy works you need to read this:

https://sgta.forumotion.com/t359-mission-statement

and this:

https://sgta.forumotion.com/t120-how-things-work-here-aka-read-this

These are mandatory reading and will clear things out for you as to what SGTA is.

Once you have read those, post a reply in this topic and please confirm that you are still willing to join the clan.

Kind Regards,

Sapaki
Admissions officer
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Application to SGTA Empty Application to SGTA

Post  preunife42 Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:19 am

Hello Sapaki.
Thanks for the fast answer. Indeed I am still interested in joining SGTA. I dont have a problem with sharing my experience with newer players and getting taught by good and more experienced players. I believe like this I can incorporate the knowledge even better, if I have to explain to the newer players what some of the tutors explained me. This would just help me. Furthermore if I may take PHJ (Pointyhairedjedi) as example again. I guess he left the academy a few months ago because he has learned all. And if I watch his videos and especially his live commentary videos and his stats, all that shows, that he has become a very good player thanks to SGTA. And this is also my goal. Thats why I wanted and still want to join the academy. So again, if you still have space for me, I would really appreciate if you would let me join the clan.
PS: Probably I should better check out clan wars when I am more experienced, because I dont think I could do well facing any big clan in clan wars.
Greedings, Preunife42
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:12 am

Don't forget to give SGTA a mention when you do things as a good player in future preunife42! Wink
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:38 am

Hello again,

invite will be sent to you probably tomorow, welcome to the clan.

Make sure you do the reading on the topics I gave you on my previous post.

Kind regards

Sapaki
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  preunife42 Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi again. First of all, thanks for letting me join finally. Its not that I am complaining or something like that, but I am just interested why I am invited to the second clan Smile
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:58 pm

preunife42 wrote:Hi again. First of all, thanks for letting me join finally. Its not that I am complaining or something like that, but I am just interested why I am invited to the second clan Smile
There isn't a first or second clan, it's all treated as one, but since one clan can hold only 100 members and we had more than 100 members, space was needed. Hence SGTA2. It's basically the same as SGTA.
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  preunife42 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:14 am

Oh okay I, was just wondering Smile
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  preunife42 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:15 am

Vampir_Kifla you are one of the guys who will be teaching me and the others, regarding your stats?
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:21 am

preunife42 wrote:Vampir_Kifla you are one of the guys who will be teaching me and the others, regarding your stats?
He might such your stats away from you...being a 'Vampir' :3
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:29 am

As a student here for several months and a member of SGTA2 of the first days I can tell you there is NO difference in beeing in SGTA or SGTA2.
Also if you read thru this: https://sgta.forumotion.com/t19-academy-hq-chat-mandatory-for-all-clan-members
you will see, that everybody has to be in a special chat room for all of us and lessons and other things are announced on the forum and in this chat room. So don't be scared of by the naming convention of "normal" clans.

AAAAnd:
SGTA2 is for the cool kids ;-)

Just kidding.

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:58 am

As other said, due to lack of space, we had to create a second clan, we therefore found a second class commander, some second class sidekicks and of course we tuck in there all our second class students. If I am not mistaken it should be somewhere in the reading I gave you...
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:24 am

preunife42 wrote:Vampir_Kifla you are one of the guys who will be teaching me and the others, regarding your stats?
Although not an instructor, I will gladly show you some stuff, basics, tips & tricks. You can always ask anyone in SGTA (and SGTA2) questions about things that you don't understand, don't know or for some practice. Smile 
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  preunife42 Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:26 am

Great, that's cool Smile
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Application to SGTA Empty Test Server

Post  preunife42 Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:45 am

Vampir_Kifla or somebody else, can anyone of you please play with me on the test server? I want to learn some mechanics and explore the new maps. Would be great if anybody had the time for that Smile Just reply to this topic if you can help me Smile
Greedings Preunife42
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:53 am

I can do that with you right now if you want.

P.S. I think test server will stop working tomorrow as we'll get the 8.8 update. Training rooms can be done on the normal server aswell. You can test whatever you like there.
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:12 am

Haven't had time to check the new/reworked maps myself yet, so will join also later today. If you are still there Smile
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Application to SGTA Empty Problem

Post  preunife42 Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi again. I hope you wont throw me right out of the clan when you read this. But I'll take that risk:
I am currently living in Singapore. So I can pretty much only play with you when its midday where you live.
And I can't play late in the night, because I go to university here and I have to get up early in the morning.
So if I ask you to play with me, please consider the time difference. Its now for example half past 12 in the midday.
All this means: I can only play with you if you play really late in the night on weekends, or if its midday or early midday where you are.
So there's that.
I also read that 8.8 is finally going online today. What I actually wanted to practice is some kind of how to deal with sloped armour.
For example how to deal with E75s and how to angle them properly.
This is very much new information for you. If you want to throw me out, then I can't change anything about that unfortunately.
If I can anyway stay in SGTA than we have to make clear, how we can do this with training lessons and all this stuff.
Greetings from Singapore, Preunife42 Smile
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Playing from Singapore will be a big hinderance to your class attendance. In SGTA we request very little of our students except to make an effort to attend classes that our instructors has taken time to host. We hope you will sincerely consider making an effort to attend classes, these may even be on weekends sometimes.

We will not remove you from the academy until we have reached our limit in places.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down